Wednesday 6 July 2011

Come in, the water's warm.





Here is Finn on Fazana beach yesterday morning. We popped down for a swim before lunch. Temperature was a nice 25. Besides me, he was the least tanned person on the beach (and probably all of Europe). Samantha, Finn and I arrived Saturday evening and have been taking it easy visiting relatives, eating, swimming and relaxing before the Cross onslaught. I spent my first day perfecting my local phone/wireless interest access - all good, both my and Sam's iPhones have local numbers with data, and my iPad also has data, very satisfying (and hours of planning, although almost foiled at the last minute as Sam's phone was not unlocked. I had to download a software update of 400MB, fortunately prepaid wireless broadband is only $15 per GB) - so expect more posts from the beach.

Currently we are staying at Samantha's Grandma's house in Vodnjan (read more about the town here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodnjan) the 98 year old Nona Fuma. Samantha's parents are also here, and one of her Auntie Zorka arrives tonight from Italy, so we are heading towards a full house. We are a few doors from the church (which has some famous mummified saints on display which Finn is not keen to see, maybe he will go if Auntie Cath goes).

Not sure what we will do for the next week. Swim, eat, sleep, wander around. Anyway got to get up, I can hear Nona Fuma is in the kitchen get breakfast ready (Finn is passed out next to me. He had a late one last night out with four of his Italian cousins for pizza. Kids stay up late here in summer 10-11pm, and get up late. Seems teenage years arrive early)

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment