Tuesday 5 July 2011

Departures

One by one the Cross family is heading towards Croatia.
Paul,Samantha and Finn were the first, departing last Friday: their first stop was Finland. Finn was so excited to be in Finland; apparently he told everyone he met that "My name is Finn and I'm in Finland". I'm not sure what happened, but there was a mad dash, Usain Bolt style, through Helsinki airport to get to the flight to Pula, Croatia. Will fill you in on the details if they are forthcoming.
Samantha heeded some advice and packed "lightly", good for her, and is now shopping. Not sure if that is a good thing or not. I would see it as a good thing as I usually take far too many clothes that I don't wear, buy more whilst I'm away, then have to carry overladen bags. I'm hoping to travel "light".... we'll see!

Yesterday saw the next departures; Nicky, Maryellen, Josh and Bas left Tullamarine bound for Rome, farewelled by Maryellen's brother Tim, and Andrea, Nicky's sister and mother of Josh and Bas. As I write, they will still be in the skies above, getting close to Europe.

I'm not sure when the remainder of this merry troup depart, but Anthony, Sam, Harry and I leave this coming Sunday. So much to do before then....

Until next time
Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment