Friday 15 July 2011

Venezia. Day 2. Morning.

Friday was the morning when my body wasn't sure what time zone it was in, so I was awake at 4 am. After waiting till the sun came up, I grabbed my camera and went walking in Piazza San Marco and along the waterfront. This is the best time to get out and see the the real Venice. No people except for the street sweepers, no heat, and perfect lighting for photographs. I was in my element!!!!















The Bridge of Sighs


After my solo early morning expedition, I headed back to the apartment to collect Sam, Harry and Anthony as we were all off to the Rialto markets with Nicky, Catherine, David, Maryellen, Matt, Will, Katie and Josh ( Bas was too tired and needed a sleep in) to buy supplies for dinner that evening.



Maryellen, Harry, Anthony, Will, Matt, Josh, Kate, Sam with David and Catherine in the front.











The fruit was fantastic! Harry tried his first strawberry and his first raspberry.
Not a bad place to try them for the first time.
A stop to buy cheese and antipasto, then we headed back to our apartments via the Ponte Rialto again.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment